|Monday:||8am - 5pm|
|Tuesday:||8am - 5pm|
|Wednesday:||8am - 5pm|
|Thursday:||8am - 5pm|
Our office makes every effort to stay on schedule to minimize waiting and inconvenience to our patients. We ask that our patients kindly return the courtesy by arriving on time and keeping your scheduled appointment. Occasionally a dental emergency may cause a delay or adjustment to the schedule, and your understanding and patience are very much appreciated.
WHEN A NEW PATIENT CALLS OUR OFFICE:
When you call to schedule an initial consultation with our office, we will ask a few brief questions so that we may properly reserve your appointment. If possible, please have the following information available:
- Your referral slip. This should state why your dentist is referring you to our office – a comprehensive exam, implant evaluation, or selective evaluation.
- Your insurance information. We will verify your benefits and coverage before your first visit so that we may provide accurate treatment estimates at the time of your appointment.
- Do you have an artificial heart valve or artificial joint replacement (e.g. hip or knee)? These conditions often require antibiotic premedication for all appointments. If we are not aware of your condition, we may be unable to examine and/or provide treatment for you at your visit.
- Did your dentist take dental radiographs (x-rays)? Did they give them to you directly or will they be forwarding them to our office?
Next, we will ask that you complete the Patient Registration, Medical History, Financial Policy, and Privacy Practice forms found on this site and bring them with you to your appointment. Completing these forms prior to your initial consultation will allow you to more accurately and conveniently provide the necessary information and reduce the wait time during the registration process. Please be sure to list all medications that you are currently taking and your insurance information, if applicable.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING TO YOUR FIRST VISIT:
- Your referral slip.
- Your completed Patient Registration, Medical History, Financial Policy, and Privacy Practice forms.
- Your insurance card(s) and current Driver's License.
- A list of all medications that you are currently taking.
- Dental radiographs (x-rays) from your referring dentist, if requested.